Round-trip by land: Lisbon
As part of our culinary series, our Porto to Lisbon tour is not to be missed. This tour is packed with over a week of Portuguese treats and traditional cuisine to learn about, taste and enjoy. In addition to feasting on local specialities we will also travel through the peaceful and quaint countryside, passing olive groves and vineyards famous for wine and of course, port.
The Douro Valley, home to port wine production, will be a key feature of the tour incorporating tastings of both ports and wines of the region. Visit medieval towns and cities including Coimbra and Obidos as well as the former Royal Summer Residence in Sintra. Enjoy roaming around and sightseeing the seaside resort areas of Cascais and Estoril and finally, explore Lisbon.
Porto – Douro Valley – Pinhao – Lamego – Viseu – Coimbra – Obidos – Sintra – Cascais – Estoril – Lisbon
- Roundtrip airfare
- Plaza Premium airport lounge pass
- Nine nights 4-star hotel accommodation
- Nine breakfasts and nine dinners with wine
- One lunch in a farm in Peso da Régua
- Private motor coach transportation
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Winery visits to: Porto(cellar), Vila Nova de Gaia, Lamego (sparkling wine cellar), and Casa de Santar at Viseu
- Local market visit with cooking class in Lisbon
- Merit Travel tour host**
- All taxes and gratuities
Group size: 24 maximum
Departs: Oct. 17, 2019
Toronto – $4,895* p.p.
Vancouver – $5,195* p.p.
Operated by Merit Travel.
Not included: any personal expenses, such as insurance, passport fees, any meals, or items not mentioned.
*CDN$ per person, double occupancy. Taxes included. Single supplement add $1,100. Airfare available from most Canadian airports please enquire.
**Minimum 16 passengers required for a Merit Travel tour host.