Round-trip by land: Paris
HOST: ELLIN BESSNER WITH RABBI JARROD GROVER
Join us on our D-Day 75th Anniversary in Normandy, Canadian Jewish Community Tour, to highlight and commemorate the contribution of Canada’s Jewish community.
June 2019 marks the 75th Anniversary of the D-Day landings of 1944, in Normandy. This was a key day in WWII, which contributed to breaking down the Nazi regime, and ending the Holocaust. On June 6, 2019, world leaders will join veterans and their families in Normandy to attend commemorative services for the anniversary of the Allied invasion of Northwestern Europe.
The tour will be led by Ellin Bessner, a journalist and professor at Centennial College, and the author of a new book, Double Threat: Canadian Jews, the Military and WWII. Accompanying the tour will be Rabbi Jarrod Grover, of Toronto’s Beth Tikvah congregation. Rabbi Grover is a veteran of the March of the Living and will provide spiritual guidance and special programming in coordination with the Rabbis of France.
Single supplements available!
Call your local Merit Travel expert.
- Round-trip airfare
- Plaza Premium airport lounge pass
- Paris: two nights 3-star hotel accommodation
- Juno Beach: three nights 3-star hotel accommodation
- Deauville, Normandy: six nights 3-star hotel accommodation
- All airport transfers and transportation with deluxe motor coach
- Eleven breakfasts, six lunches and seven dinners
- Professional local tour director
- Merit Travel tour host**
- All taxes and gratuities
May 30, 2019
Operated by Merit Travel.
*CDN$ pp dbl. occ. Single supplement: $1,200 .Airfare available from most Canadian airports, please enquire. **Minimum 20 passengers required for a Merit Travel Tour host.