By land: Bologna to Genova
As part of our culinary series we are introducing a unique culinary tour to the Emilia-Romagna region in northern Italy. Find yourself immersed in the enchanting history and captivating flavours of Bologna and stay in typical farm houses in the countryside. Visit small organic wineries around Emilia-Romagna, and a Culatello ham cellar and dairy farm in Parma.
You will also experience grape harvesting or participate in a truffle hunting experience with dogs and many other activities related to food and agriculture. Experience traditional Bolognese cuisine during a private cooking class with wine tasting and embrace an enthusiasm for life in the beauty of food, culture and history of Emilia-Romagna!
Bologna – Romagna – San Marino and San Leo – Ravenna – Ferrara – Emilia – Mantua – Motor Valley
- Roundtrip airfare
- Plaza Premium airport lounge pass
- Romagna: four nights 4-star hotel accommodation
- Emilia: four nights 4-star hotel accommodation
- Excursions: Harvest experience with professional assistant or Truffle hunting experience
- Eight breakfasts, three lunches and five dinners including dinner at a local seafood restaurant on the coast, cooking class and dinner at Casa Artusi, a Parmigiana and Balsamic vinegar tasting and a Culatello ham tasting at local producers
- Maranello museum visit
- Private motor coach transportation
- Merit Travel tour host**
- All taxes and gratuities
Group size: 20 maximum
Departs: Sept. 19, 2020
Toronto – $6,395* p.p.
Vancouver – $6,695* p.p.
Operated by Merit Travel.
*CDN$ p.p. dbl. occ. Taxes included. Single supplement: $1,900. Airfare available from most Canadian airports, please enquire. **Minimum 12 passengers required for a Merit Travel tour host.