By land: St. Petersburg to Moscow
Host: Bob Kaszanits
President of the State Hermitage, Museum Foundation of Canada
Experience the art treasures of the Hermitage as well as the palaces and museums of St. Petersburg and Moscow. Enjoy an intimate view of masterpieces of art and architecture that defined the grace and beauty of 18th and 19th century Imperial Russia.
As a special treat, arrangements have been made for us to visit the Hermitage on a Monday when it is closed to the public. Examine the fine details of the dazzling Amber Room in the Catherine Palace and other sights in the “Tzars Village”. Delight in studying the stunning Forbes Collection of Imperial Easter Eggs at the just opened Fabergé Museum. Don’t miss the Russian Museum holding the finest collection of Russian art anywhere in the world. In Moscow, visit the Kremlin, Red Square and St. Basil’s, one of the most photographed sites in the world. We will visit the Diamond Treasury Reserve beneath the Kremlin as well as the great art collections at the Treyakov and Pushkin Museums. Take the opportunity to enjoy a ballet at the Bolshoi Theatre only steps from our hotel. This truly is a trip of a lifetime!
- Round-trip airfare
- Plaza Premium airport lounge pass
- St. Petersburg: four nights 5-star hotel accommodation
- Moscow: three nights 5-star hotel accommodation
- Seven breakfasts, three lunches, and one dinner
- Economy class train from St. Petersburg to Moscow
- Arrival/departure transfer assistance and Fast-Track porterage
- Museum curator/specialty expert guide for Hermitage visits
- Private motor coach transportation
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Privileged access to the Hermitage Museum
- St. Petersburg destination guidebook
- Merit Travel tour host**
- All taxes and gratuities
Group size: 30 maximum
Oct. 3, 2019
Operated by Merit Travel
*CDN$ p.p. dbl. occ. Taxes included. Single supplement: $1,200. Land only: $5,195 p.p. Not included: Russian Visa fee (approx. $200). Airfare available from most Canadian airports, please enquire. **Minimum 12 passengers required for a Merit Travel tour host.